Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Autumn Gardens

 The garden at Charleston Farmhouse, once home to Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant, and frequented by many others of the Bloomsbury Group.
 Autumn blooms in the vegetable garden.


 Pots and vases sit on the studio windowsill.



 From East Sussex to Cornwall.......
 This magnificently gnarled oak is down in The Lost Valley at Heligan Gardens.


 The sinister looking 'Devil's Finger' fungus.









 In the kitchen garden at Heligan the espaliered apples have been cut back to almost nothing.



 Inside the greenhouses a lovely display of gourds and squashes.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures,Christine, nice to get a post at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I went to Charleston was early in the year so not much to look at, looks lovely now and the last time I went to Heligan they were still finding some of it. Both places I would like to visit again. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear Christine for such a wonderful, charming post !

    Hope you're having a blessed week so far,
    I'm sending my dearest hug to you

    XOXO Daniela at - My little old wolrd -

    ReplyDelete